A place for me to share with my family and friends what I've experienced in life.

o_O What little time left!

1st August 2009

Monday, April 14, 2008

London (Week 3 & 4) - 13/04/08

My my, so much has been happening for the past two weeks that it just wheeze past by!

Well for one, I found a job two weeks ago and has been working since. Des also found a temporary job that starts this coming Monday. Below are a few of the pictures of the places we've been around for the past two weeks.

Right before that, we were still bumming around and checking out places. Mostly markets. There is this Camden Market that we absolutely love because there is street food available!

Then we hop and explore a bit more of Wimbledon, the place famous for its tennis match. There this Wimbledon Village, a slightly posh area and also its lawn tennis stadium. But it was closed for renovation, so a disappointment really.

After that, we went to this place called the "Elephant & Castle", which the locals calls nothing but "two big roundabouts and an ugly looking shopping mall". And then we took a long walk to Tower Bridge (the other London Bridge) and took some postcard-perfect pictures.

Then along came the weekend, and we drag ourselves out from the bed to Borough Market, another place famous for street food. Here, Des is queuing up for some fresh scallops!

Of course, London being notorious for its sometime-rain-sometime-no-rain like cannot make up its mind like that weather, we soon seek shelter in the British Museum. Des's sis-in-law, Bern was with us and she's great enough to show us places around London.

I tell you, the Museums here are absolutely HUGE! Must spend one FULL day wan. But the problem is, we usually only managed to drag ourselves out of bed during the weekends late afternoons, and by the time we actually get out of the house, it would be noon d!

This weekend, we managed to catch the famous Flora London Marathon. The weather was horrible to have a marathon, and these jokers are running around in RAIN! Dont forget the cold weather! We've recorded some videos, will update soon so watch out for it here!

We managed to catch some of the marathon along the way and stumbled to this iconic traffic light in Canary Wharf. Apparently its called Nackuk, the famous London Traffic Lights on an island.

We then find ourselves in Greenwich, and came across this huge dog! The owner is nice enough to let us take a picture with it, and its name is Jazz. Look at its face and compare it to us. Its absolutely HUGE!

Yes, we've finally made it to Greenwich! Been putting it off due to the horrible weather, and though it was raining while we make our way there, it turn bright when we arrived! So, inilah Meridian Pangkal, the famous Greenwich Line!

Introducing our tourguide for the day, Ron Thum. He was first introduced to me when I was asking about contacts in London and I have been harassing him ever since! We later went back to our place for steamboat! Wait for pictures on it yea!

So, bits on update about me. The job I got, was a data-entry job. Very easy, but at least it keeps me busy. Despite the boredom and the lack of challenge, oddly enough I find myself looking forward to work everytime I get off work. Dont ask me about it WHEN I'm working though, cause I'll give you a completely different answer. I guess, I just cant wait to work to get some money to help pay off our expenses. Holiday is nothing like when its hard earn cash.

Des, on the other hand, is still waiting for his reply for a job he wanted. So after rooting at home for a week while I was off to work, he spend most of the week looking for other jobs and of course, cooking dinner for me! Hehhe. Though it has taken a little while longer than he has hoped, he managed to secured a temporary admin job that is starting tomorrow. And guess what, its an admin job with a BALLET SCHOOL! :)

Other than that, things are still alright. I wouldnt say it has settled down like 100%, cause we still havent gotten a permanent job yet, at least with jobs for the two of us, things should be looking brighter.

At the meantime, I will start to update pictures based on the places that we've been. I'll update more pictures on the Musuem, Camdan Market and Greenwich soon (as soon as I find time between work!). Till then, take care all of you and sms to keep in touch yea!

No comments: