A place for me to share with my family and friends what I've experienced in life.

o_O What little time left!

1st August 2009

Sunday, June 1, 2008

June already!

The last time i check, has it been two weeks since I update already???

For those of you new to my stories, please excuse my grammar. Laugh at me and enjoy my stories ya! Since we ran out of pictures, I thought I post some old pictures of us...

A trip to the Eye of Malaysia - Feb 2007

Time flies when you're busy. Its been almost three months since we first arrive. Hahaha. And partly because we're both busy working, we havent really been anywhere compared to the initial few weeks. Also, we're both trying to adjust to Des's turbulent schedule.

A tip to those dating hoteliers: Make sure at least ONE of you has a fix schedule. That is the only way to maintain some sanity, otherwise it really brings a whole new meaning of staying together but not living together.

I mention before, on days where Des works midnight, we'll play this game of trying to spot each other on the bus going OPPOSITE direction in the morning; him going home to sleep and me going to work. When I'm off work, i'll rush back to have dinner with him before kissing him goodbye as he goes to work and me going to bed.

When he works afternoon, I'll have to get dinner on my own and then wait for him to come back work at 12am to kiss him goodnight before I go to bed. Morning shifts are a little bit better as we'd still be able to have dinner together without him rushing off work.

His typical schedule would somewhat consist of six days work with two days off. He would usually work a week of midnight and another of day/afternoon and the cycle goes over and over again.

This would also means that our offdays RARELY coincide. Take this weekend for example. He works midnight and while I'm up and about on my weekend, I'll usually stay home and be really quiet because he's sleeping the day off (he comes home at 8am remember?). Then, when I'm off to work on Monday, he will be having his day off mucking about at home while I'm off work.

A trip to PD - July 2007

I'm not complaining. Life is like that. I guess I knew from day one when I first dated him that he will be in this line and his schedule will be like that. There are days when I daydream about having regular weekends off together and going out as a family to shopping malls and stuff. It doesnt really help with the fact that most shops close early or completely anyway.

So, can you imagine life with both of us jumping shifts like crazy? It would very well literally means that we might not see each other for days even though we're living under the same roof. Yea, I know how that is. We worked at the hill before remember?

Also, whenever our friends ask us to go on trips, my typical answer would be, "Wait for Des's schedule". Cause its not like we can just pick one weekend in three months time and decide we'll go somewhere that time.We really dont know what time he'll be working by then. "No annual leave meh?" Yes, Des do have annual leave, but he's still new to this job, and frankly speaking, we havent really figured out how things work out yet :) So there, like I said, not just any weekend that most people can just pick without filling up forms, but he will also may have to take annual leave or I will have to take leave if we're to go weekday. See what I mean?

Our 7th anniversary

Anyway, we're planning to go Southampton for an overnight trip in two weeks time, and considering a day trip to Oxford at the end of June, right before I start my new job. Yeap, I've found something else and I'm looking forward to it! Its still a temp job, but better paying and hopefully way more interesting and challenging compared to what I'm doing now!

Des on the other hand, is still doing alright. Midnight shifts reminds him of the hill as there isnt much to do at night. We both encounter loads of 'mind boggling' experience in our working life here but this really isnt the channel to talk about it. Not for now anyway *wink*

The house is still standing. Though the garden really is a nuisance as the grass grows so fast and Des has to resort to doing some of the work manually. Obviously both of us doesnt has 'green fingers' and I've decided that if we were to have a garden someday, I'll covered it with concrete and make space for cars instead. Hahahah...

If you're wandering how we're coping with food, we both miss KL food very much. Though Des is coping very well by experimenting with food and there are days we have curry chicken, ayam masak merah and soup! To save money, Des cooked extra for dinner and I'll tapau the food for my lunch for next day work. Des gets free meal when he is working and this means that we would literally go to work for one week and not spend a single cent (or pence). Compare this to our lifestyle back home where we'll practically jump for not having cash with us and now to survive a whole week with just 1 pound.

Not us, but Ulu Yam deep fried siu pau - Food is high priority in our relationship.

Oh, lets talk about cultural shock stories. Both Des and I thinks that there must be something that we both dont know about bus insurance, because the people here doesnt seems like the back of the bus, meaning there will be empty seats at the back but the middle and front will be jam pack like sardines. I dunno, perhaps they knew that those sitting at the back is not insured or something. They just dont like to move to the back of the bus and would very much prefer to hog the middle part. Hmmm...

And what's with dry toilets? There were days when I wanted to give the bathroom a good wash and I admit I dont know how! I long for a hose and to be just able to spray at everything to make it clean. You know how disgusting it is to WIPE your toilet clean and not be able to wash it with running water??? I dont know, perhaps, again, there is something that they knew but we didnt...

The same way we frown at them eating their rice with fork, I was frown upon when I eat baked beans with rice! :P yea, so that is the part when WE are the weirdos. Also, lunching together-gether wasnt something of a regular basis as I would have been broke by then and also talking out loud like yelling across the office is frown upon. Yea yea, I amaze myself sometimes. I'm so quiet I didnt recognize myself at all. There are times when I feel as if I'm the only one in the office when in actual fact I was with 40 others. Apparently, I wasnt the only one who feels this way, Des thinks the same during his short stint in the ballet school and current place as well. Oh well, perhaps this is a chance to give my voice box a rest after all these years...

Registration of Marriage - Feb 2008

Otherwise, as always, everything else is still moving alright. So far we are managing in terms of financial needs with both of us working. Money in the bank is growing slowly but surely. And yeap, we're ready to take in visits! So please let us know if you're anywhere near London and we'll be glad to have you over! Extra bed, check, extra pillows, check, extra food, check! Last I heard, the pound is weakening (damn!), so this would be a good time to come! (Why am I promoting London?)

:) Alright, so much for this time around. There will be more pictures the next time around after our trips. Take care all of you yea!

No comments: