A place for me to share with my family and friends what I've experienced in life.

o_O What little time left!

1st August 2009

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Manchester & Blackpool

These Manchester/Blackpool pictures has been long overdue!

Anyway, sometime in mid-Oct, I was schedule to attend a Congress in Manchester because the company was organizing an event for its members. Des managed to adjust his schedule and he made his way up to Manchester to meet me once I'm done with the event.

We stayed in this place for a night once he arrived. We didnt spend much time in Manchester as we planned to head up to Blackpool the day after.

We did managed to walk around Manchester city area for a while for the night though.

Also, we managed to catch up with Ivy and Cherrie, ex-colleagues from the hill. To imagine that it took us almost half the world trip to meet up after we all left the hill :)

After spending a night at Manchester, we then took a late train to Blackpool where we spend the next two nights. This was our first trip that involves train rides as we previously only travelled in bus as it was way cheaper. This time around, we decide to pamper ourselves a bit (and treat our bums better) and travelled quite a bit via trains.

Blackpool was a tourist area that was famous for its long seaside walkway and also a huge theme park. Think Sunway Lagoon in Port Dickson, only in a bigger scale.

Unfortunately, it was superbly windy and cold during the days that we were there. In fact, it rained a bit at night while we were taking a walk by the sea.

This was the place that we stayed for two nights. This trip was especially 'special' because Des took the liberty to organize everything, from the transport to accommodations to tickets. Usually I would be the one who checks on these things, but I wasnt particularly in the right mind to plan anything, so Des took over. And yes, it was very nice to just relax and follow him around. Haha

It was a small inn run by a family. The room (forgot to take a decent picture of it!) was nice, cozy with TV and ensuite. And that was all I asked for, ensuite and tv :) Oh yea, with breakfast too!

The next day we went to the place we had planned our trip around. Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

It was a HUGE place with numerous roller coasters. And it being autumn and weekdays, the queue was relatively quick and it was great to be able to enjoy the place without wasting time queing.

The one thing is that it was very cloudy and extremely windy. If you wanna imagine it, think Gentingx10 plus the wind and coldness minus the mist.

Because there werent loads of people, we managed to get on the rides and even ride it on the first carriage. Now, while it was fun to ride on the rides on the front, I was getting a bit woozy after my 8th or 9th rides. No joke ok.

This was one of best rides that we went. And truth be told, the only way to tell whether I am scared during rides is when I laugh my heads off. Yes, I laugh when I'm scared.

Presenting the Blackpool version of our Solero Shot. The view above was spectacular, and we ended up riding more than 5 times just to enjoy the view!

Bird's eye view of Blackpool in one of the monorail rides.

A bit woozy after the rides.

The beach was just right next to the park but the sea was too choppy to get near to.

Forgot its name but this one goes forward and backward. One of the rides that you should not under estimate.

The park was entangeld in many roller coaster rides. One thing though, most of the rides doesnt look new, in fact, there was one that is similar to our Twister in Genting, old and small. But it was one of the rides that scares the hell out of me, mostly because of fear from falling out from it! It was small, wonky and looks like its gonna fall apart anytime soon. Needless to say, I laughed my heads off.

It was windy, and I tried my mightly hardest to persuade (more like nag) Des to wear a beanie to cover his head and ears. And he did!
The park has its own mini golf area too!

And just like Genting's concept, it comes with its own in house show too. Very burlesque like, very sexy dances. And way better :P


And for the life of me, I didnt know that we were only supposed to go one way in bumper car rides. And also we are not allowed to bang each other. !?!

Unfortunately, due to the wind, they closed their biggest and longest roller coaster ever.

Not funny ok? Considering the miles we travelled for it.

Oh well, food is the way to soothe us. The evening show was in the later part of the evening, so we hopped over to a restaurant and feed ourselves full (since we hardly had anything during the day to avoid throwing up).

Oh yea, did I mentioned that we contributed about 50 pounds towards the gaming industry?

Des has steak while I had baby back ribs.

Des's starter of Nachos was a killer. Almost a main meal by itself!

I have strips of deep fried mushroom.

And rounding up the trip was a quick trip of shopping in Blackpool before making our way back to London via Manchester. It was a good trip, 4D3N, our longest trip to date!

1 comment:

Wens said...

Hahaha... stumbled onto your blog from FB :) I know how it feels when the hubby plans the trip. It only happens for us when we are going camping, then I can just relax. Otherwise, I'm always the planner and navigator.

Looks like you guys had a blast though i think we'd prob have to give that a miss since my husband doesn't like amusement parks (read: he's scared of the rides!)
Hehe...

We should meet up soon again!